Beginner Chinese Class
Beginner Chinese Level 1
This is an introduction to Mandarin. Learners will be able to perform in a very limited capacity within the most immediate, predictable areas of need, using essentially conversational Chinese.
- Talk about money, numbers and dates
- Receive visitors
- Introduce yourself in social or business settings
- Express basic opinions, likes and dislikes
- Ask and tell time
Beginner Chinese Level 2
Upon completion of this course, learners are able to satisfy immediate, predictable needs and basic everyday transactional needs, using predominantly simple sentences in Chinese.
- Talk about weather and hobbies
- Make and answer telephone calls
- Communicate in travel related situations
- Book tickets and hotel rooms
- Give and understand directions
- Write simple, short notes in Chinese
Beginner Chinese Level 3
Upon completion of this course, learners are able to satisfy everyday transactional needs and limited social needs, using conversational Chinese plus basic Chinese characters.
- Order food and drinks and entertain friends
- Talk about daily activities, opinions and feelings
- Go shopping and bargain
- Ask & answer questions in a wide range of situations